quarta-feira, 5 de março de 2008

Entrevista Finlandesa a Cedric

Esta foi uma pequena entrevista em finlandês, à qual tive acesso em inglês, e onde Cedric Zavala fala de vários pontos muito interessantes para o futuro próximo dos The Mars Volta. Fiquem com excertos, em inglês:

Acerca das Editoras -

"We've been thinking about that while being on a major label. I believe that now we can work on our own, not having to wait that someone gets a budget together for our album. Hopefully now we can work on our own and use the big machinery only its vital parts, like PR and distributors. (...) The annoying thing about major label is that we have to put up with them putting hold to schedule after we have finished the album. You cannot sell records at particular time of year, because supposedly people wouldn't buy them. I'm not that kinda person! I might buy a record any time of the day or year possible. I didn't waste all my money on christmas shopping. (...) Music is oxygene to me, I need it all the time and I don't understand the way of thinking like that. (...) But that kinda stupidity you have to live with. It's for Britney Spears, not for us. That's why we're already starting the making of a new record. We have already gotten over this record. It was ready, cover art and all, in summer already but the record company wants to make sure that it will make money and it will be properly marketed and so on. (...)"

Acerca do novo álbum -

"We're working on a new long play and I want to stress it will be our version of acoustic record."

Ambições e Criatividade -

"I have lots of work with Omar's music and it also requires much from me. Sometimes when I'm home I'd like not to think singing at all because I have to go though long preparations so I can sing the way I do. I have to get up at certain time, eat right, warm up and chill out afterwards and go to bed at certain time so I will still be able to talk the next day. Sometimes there's so much to do with the band that I can barely think what I'd like to do just for my own pleasure. Sometimes the tiredness strikes, but I really enjoy all of this. There is still so vast amount of music we have to get though before we die and before the band dies."

Eu sei que é comprido e está tudo em inglês, mas vale bem a pena!

2 comentários:

Ricardo Reis disse...

Boas Tardes

está em inglês mas é simples e não é tão comprido assim.
De resto é mto bom ter a oportunidade de poder ler, saber um pouco mais dum indivíduo e duma banda que (por enquanto) não está bem difundida em Portugal (ou não fossem eles alternativos) mas que os frequentadores deste espaço (eu em particular) gostam de saber... e o pouco que se sabe é à vossa custa.
(epá ou é dejá vu ou então queimadisssse minha mas tenho a sensação que já escrevi qq coisa assim parecida... bom não interessa)

por isso (e mais uma vez) obrigado e...
Saudações Marcianas

António Pita disse...

Já tinhas elogiado o nosso trabalho, mas é sempre bom ouvir outra vez. Esperemos que eles façam Festivais na Europa neste Verão. Pode ser que cá voltem ao pé!