quinta-feira, 27 de março de 2008

Artigo sobre Thomas Pridgen

O já famosíssimo baterista dos The Mars Volta, o jovem prodígio Thomas Pridgen, é mais uma vez alvo de uma extensa reportagem. Essa reportagem foi encontrada pelos amigos do The Mars Volta Suécia, e pode ser lida AQUI (em inglês).

Partes a destacar: "But it was Francisco Mela, his private instructor, who opened up his ears and mind into the ways a style becomes bastardized. “He was the man, dude. He taught me all the Cuban styles." (...) "I’m still trying to make my left hand as far as my right hand. As a drummer I think that’s the one thing you’ll never do." (...) "I was gonna use two bass drums on The Mars Volta but Omar was like, ‘Don’t do it.’ I’m like, ‘Why not?’ And he’s like, ‘Because they’re not gonna believe it’s a single pedal."

Um comentário:

André Forte disse...

caraças dos polícias...